How To Import Products and Services Price List Into QuickBooks Online, Housecall Pro Price List and Using SaasAnt Transactions
It is possible to import Products and Service List into QuickBooks Online, Housecall Pro Price Book, and Using SaasAnt Transactions App There are three ways to go about it.
- If you have already created your Excel Worksheet and have it ready to import your QuickBooks Products and Services Price List.
- Log into your QBO Dashboard> The gear Icon> Import Data
- Products and Service> Browse for your already created and formatted Price List you have built CSV or Excel file> Next (bottom righthand corner)
*Note: This method will only work if you haven’t used QBO App inside your HCP account.
- Log into your Housecall Pro Dashboard> Click Your Profile Picture> Account Settings> My Price List>Select the Add Button> Select Upload from .CSV
2. Select the Add Button> Select Upload from .CSV
3. If you have already created your file and have mapped the correct fields on their downloadable template, you can follow steps 1 and 4. Just in case, let’s start with an empty Excel Spreadsheet.
- Log into your SaasAnt Transactions Application> Locate the company dashboard you are working on> New Import> Select your Sheet> Entity is Products/Services
- Map your fields
*Watch closely, you must have proper spelling and formatting when uploading. Yes, NonInventory must be spelled this way. Make sure to Preview your fields>
When Creating your Price list and integrating with Housecall Pro you need to be aware some fields in QuickBooks online will not import. For example, Skus.
*Skus are not a field In Housecall Pro.
Here are the mappable fields in both QuickBooks Online and Housecall Pro in a flat view of Data.
QuickBooks and SaasAnt Transactions
Now, where you as a business owner need to be creative is; when creating these fields you want to align and focus and attention to your Field Service Technician who is going to be writing Estimates and Invoices out in the field on a job.
*You DON’T want your field tech to take 30min to write 3 descriptions, then submit. This is clearly going to eat up your labor hours. I suggest when creating a Price Sheet for your business, you keep the SKU and Name from QuickBooks as your Name field on Housecall Pro. As the techs learn the system and memorize SKU’s it will conform to quick entry.
* All Sku’s and Product Names Must have uniqueness. Duplicates WILL NOT import. If you have 50 dishwashers you need 50 different names.